Being able to connect to the internet is crucial for many rural communities. It enables them to buy goods and services that may not be available locally, sell their own goods and services to a much larger area, connect remotely with health services that before required many hours’ worth of driving, and even telecommute. Research has shown that broadband access has led to more new businesses in rural areas, and that high levels of broadband adoption are associated with increased household incomes and lower unemployment levels for rural residents.
Rural communities’ access to internet service is changing rapidly. More and more people are using mobile internet services on their phones. Wireless internet access on phones is nearly universal in both rural and urban areas, although most mobile connections are not fast enough to meet the definition of broadband. This increasing reliance on mobile connections is changing how people use the internet nowadays. There is evidence that shows that mobile connections are important for civic engagement among demographics that are likely to be heavily dependent on them, such as lower-income or rural populations.
To make a country completely digital, it is essential to provide internet connectivity to every rural and remote area, which has very less or no internet access. Here are some of the benefits of high-speed 4G LTE internet for rural communities:
- Farmers can get real-time access to important information such as weather forecasts or crop prices. Marketing opportunities can rise through high-speed networks.
- When given access to cost-effective internet, rural businesses restricted to local markets, such as local shops or home-based businesses, can expand their market reach across the nation and even the world.
- The introduction of the internet in the educational process can be seen as an important step towards improving the quality of education and bridging the social and educational gap. It contributes to literacy development in the areas of speaking, reading, listening, and writing in the rural populations. Rural people can play games and use the internet as a part of enhancing their emotional, social, cognitive learning in motor development.
- Due to the benefits of using the internet for education, e-learning can reach anywhere at any time to anybody. While the urban population can easily access private resources for development or education, the internet has become a significant communication medium in rural India that offers individual need-based information in broad development areas. Rural workers who may not be fluent in a certain language or maybe illiterate can use internet services to enhance their productivity and safety. This will foster employment developments among rural youth who lack access to basic resources.
- State governments have facilitated access to the state and district administrative services to the village population through the internet. These initiatives help the rural message to access administrative services at locations convenient for them. It brings functions of central agencies like cooperative unions to their doorsteps. The computerization of land records has also been hugely beneficial for the rural population.
High-speed internet has high relevance in today’s world. If access to the internet is made possible for the rural population in a systematic and practical manner, it can bridge the gap between technologically and economically backward and forward classes. Proper and adequate training and the program are made available in a simple way and people-friendly language can be readily understood by the rural people who can bring out a revolution in rural development.
We at SPARK Services wish to contribute to this important affair. Our Rural LTE Internet Services are here to stay and bridge a huge gap. Our services work with little effort and less cost. Connect with us to know more!