PBX Phone System
PBX, or Public Branch Exchange, is a multiline telephone system generally used in business environments, getting its start in the 1960s. Before the invention of the internet, every single phone call went through the telephone company’s network, which used old-fashioned analog phones and copper wires. Over 30 years later, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) was developed in the 1990s and calls could be sent over the internet.
PBX benefits and disadvantages
Benefits of PBX
- Reliability: When dangerous storms appear, power outages can occur and access to the internet can be interrupted. PBX systems still operate through phone lines, which can protect your communications. Most traditional phone lines still operate during power outages, allowing you to keep your phone lines active.
- Accessibility: When a company utilizes a PBX system, they generally have an IT staff on the premises, and they maintain and run the system. This gives the company’s IT department full control and access to the equipment and software.
- Sound Quality: PBX calls still travel through landlines, which makes for good sound quality.
- Convenience: PBX systems have withstood the test of time, and numerous companies already have the equipment they need to support and interact with the system. Because PBX systems have existed for so long, many companies already have the equipment they need. For any business without high-speed internet access, a PBX system is their best, and sometimes the only option.
Disadvantages of PBX
- Availability: Digital technology is the way of the future and 3CX and VoIP systems have started to become the norm. Unless a company already has a PBX system in place, this option isn’t available.
- Cost: There are many additional costs that come with a PBX system, and paying the salaries of an IT department can hurt the company’s bottom line. The expensive cabinets, or racks, that house a PBX system are required, but the more popular VoIP systems can save you money.
- Limitations: With traditional PBX systems, companies pay for a set amount of phone numbers and phone lines, making it very costly, especially if more phone lines are needed. If a company starts to grow and more phone lines and phone numbers are a must, there is very little flexibility with the PBX systems.
Save up to 80% with SPARK’s VoIP-Enabled Business Phone System by 3CX
SPARK Services has provided VoIP phone systems and services for businesses since 2014, and we have been 3CX-certified as a Titanium Partner since 2018. In just two short years, SPARK is now the largest 3CX Titanium Partner by volume in the United States.
If you are interested in saving 80% or more off your current business phone bill or want to learn more about how SPARK Services can improve your bottom line, take the first step now and contact our team today.
Get Started Today
Call us today at (888)223-1094