As more and more devices are being designed to use wireless network connectivity, it is vital to evaluate the benefits of structured cabling systems before setting up a new system in your office. Structured cabling systems are a streamlined means of organizing your company’s cabling infrastructure.
Instead of a point-to-point cabling system, where each piece of hardware gets connected with one individual cable, structured cabling runs from hardware parts to a patch panel at the top of a rack, which then runs through another panel in the main distribution area. This organized and neat system is the “structured” part of structured cabling. It is the type of infrastructure that supports the performance of an organization’s key billing network or system.
Benefits of Structured Cabling
The importance of organized cabling systems can vary from business to business, but for the majority, it can ensure a highly reliable and cost-effective network infrastructure that stands the test of time. Below we explore in-depth the benefits of structure network cabling and how your business can benefit from it:
1. Future Proof Investment
By far one of the most significant advantages of a structured cabling system is the high bandwidth, which makes it a reliable infrastructure for supporting business growth. In today’s competitive business arena, having adaptable IT that is scalable and can respond instantly to industry changes is crucial. In order to retain existing clients and continuously acquire new ones, business initiatives need a data center that supports the quick and easy development and deployment of new services. With structured cabling, you can rest assured that your network infrastructure will not become outdated and will support all emerging applications as your business grows.
2. Design Consistency Decreases Management Oversight
Any certified structured cabling installer can come in, any time in the future, and make modifications to your network. They’ll understand where to start and figure out the basic configuration of the system.
3. Advanced Aesthetics
A structured cabling system looks much cleaner than a point-to-point method. It enables the cabling in front of the switch to appear neat and clean.
Port and cable tracing become easier with a structured cabling system. This logical and organized approach not only makes changes easier but also saves time.
How to Determine Your Need for Structured Cabling
An effectively designed structured cabling system can help support your infrastructure and take the business to the next level. If you aren’t sure what your needs are for structured cabling, here are some steps to take to make that action.
- The first step to take with your structured cabling is to determine what your present needs are. Determine how many devices and endpoints you have that must be connected. You must also determine if you need broadband services for your business.
- Next, you must consider how you plan to grow your business and what will be needed with that growth. This can include the addition of devices as well as additional locations.
- The physical layout of your business will be as important as your network layout. You must determine the kinds of cables used in your structured cabling network in order to offer the correct amount of security.
- The structured cabling design must also be planned around unexpected changes within your business and industry. For example, if your business starts to implement video conferencing instead of in-person meetings, your network will need to have the ability to support the change.
- Also, when considering your structured cabling needs, you must consider the processes your business uses. Different processes will need different connections, and having the wrong connection for your process can hurt productivity.
At SPARK Services, we strive to meet your every IT need. The expert services of our dedicated team of professionals are always at your disposal. We also offer specialized plans tailored to your specific requirements, allowing you to make changes on the go, making it easier for your business to scale. SPARK gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you’ve made a smart and well-informed decision.
Structured cabling systems must be installed by professionals so that your business can hit the ground running with its new infrastructure. If you are looking to take your business’s technology to the next level, a data cabling company like us at SPARK services will be able to help. Give your business the network cabling it deserves with help from our cabling engineers at SPARK services.
Contact us today to find out more about our networking and cabling service. The longer you wait to take benefits of structured cabling, the more you risk your bottom line.