Mobile phones or smartphones have become a necessary item for us. Nowadays, nobody can imagine walking out of the home without their phone in the pocket. We use smartphones for so many things today. Entertainment, calling, chatting, listening to music and working are some of the basic uses.
If something goes wrong with the device, we freak out completely! It indeed causes inconvenience because our daily routine comes to a sudden stop. Gadgets are, after all, unpredictable and can become troublesome without warning. Hence, here are some quick tips you need to know that will fix your smartphone in no time.
1. If you drop your smartphone in the water…
There are times when you face that horrid moment of letting your phone slip from your hands, and it lands into the water. Sink, puddle, sea, lake and toilets, we are all surrounded by water bodies! So here are a few steps to save yourself and your smartphone from breaking down after the disaster:
- Firstly, pull out your smartphone from the water quickly and turn it off. It will minimize the risk of short-circuit in the device.
- Get a large bag full of dry rice or silica bags and place your phone in the middle.
- Rice or silica is a medium that will help suck up the liquid out of your phone, leaving no moisture inside it.
- If you have time, leave the device in the bag for 12 hours. It will give you the best results.
2. If your phone overheats…
Multitasking right now? Well, that is what we do every day on our smartphones. Mobiles today have become so efficient that we can endlessly multitask till our battery drains out. However, you must have noticed that your dear device starts overheating with time and drains out battery quickly while multitasking. This is how you can tackle the problem:
- Avoid using silicon covers for your phone; they allow heat to be trapped inside, leading to quicker overheating.
- Take off the back covers while charging.
- Do not keep your phone under direct sunlight.
3. If your smartphone screen cracks…
A cracked smartphone screen annoys everybody. There is also a chance of it getting worse and causing glass splinters. So when you let your phone slip off your hands and crash on the floor causing its screen to crack, this is what you should do:
- If your phone has just a single crack, you can temporarily smooth out the line by rubbing some white toothpaste over it. It will make the line disappear. While doing so, make sure the main button, microphone and port areas are sealed so the toothpaste cannot get inside.
- If your smartphone screen has shattered, you can temporarily buy a thick plastic phone sticker from a local shop. But visit your local mobile repair store in Muskogee and get your smartphone permanently fixed as soon as possible.
4. If your phone freezes…
If you have frequent cold temperatures, there are chances that your device can stop working. To prevent this from happening, you can follow these steps:
- When not using, wrap your smartphone in a cloth and put it in your pocket.
- Turn it on airplane mode to slow down the battery usage.
5. If dirt and dust particles are stuck in the speaker and headphone jack…
Dirt and dust can easily get stuck in the corners and jacks of your smartphone. Here’s what you can do to clean it:
- Use a cotton bud and wipe out the area of dirt.
- Do not leave your phone in a place where cleaning or dusting is taking place.
These are temporary solutions to make sure your smartphone does not stop functioning completely. You should visit a local mobile store and get your device serviced when the issues become serious!